Wednesday 19 October 2011

Elsa Schiaparelli


I was extremely excited to hear Elsa Schiaperelli's work is to be celebrated at The Met this Spring. For me, she is a monumental pioneer of the fashion industry who is often overlooked in favour of the likes of Chanel who have sustained longevity. I feel she deserves more recognition as she was the first to create the modern catwalk and the wedge shoe which has been a favourite amongst the fashion pack for a good few seasons now. Her collaboration with surrealist artist Salvador Dali cumulated in four key items, my favourite being the shoe hat pictured above. However, in today's society with the likes of Lady Gaga consistently making post modern statements, I can't help but feel her style would resonate with the youth of today.

Time for a comeback?

Victoria 
xo

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting...great hats :)
    Would be a pleasure if you visit me too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete