Monday 13 February 2012

Amazon opens a physical store


I was quite taken aback when I read that Amazon, one of the world's largest e-tailers, was to make the move into a bricks and mortar location. Using it's home town of Seattle as a trial run, the store will showcase their electronics range including the ever popular Kindle.With the idea that consumers can trail their products, I envisage it being a bit like the Apple store. However, in a world where traditional retailers are struggling to make ends meet, I'd love to know what sparked the move. I'm curious to see how they will maintain their low prices and if their success will be mirrored offline. It will be interesting to see if e-tailers manage to take a section of the market that traditional retailers have lost. Who will be next? Maybe ASOS? Please please please ASOS!

Victoria
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment